Monday, July 21, 2014

Let the countdown begin!

Two months from today I will be in Napa having just finished (or being awfully close to finishing) the Ragnar Relay Race with my Badass Mother Runner team!  This has been an exciting week on the Napa front, including the arrival of...swag!  Being chosen to run with Sarah and Dimity is a huge honor in and of itself.  Another fabulous part of winning the contest included some amazing gear from AMR sponsors and our team has anxiously been awaiting the arrival of said goodies so that we can start training with the items.  We got word on Thursday that our boxes had been shipped and we were even treated to a little preview on Facebook.  Needless to say, we were all excited!  I don't think I have ever been so excited to get mail!  I was being a bit of a creeper and stalking the front door since I had checked the delivery status early yesterday morning and was told my package was "out for delivery."  I opened the front door several times to no avail; however, after we got home from swimming for a few hours, it arrived.  I opened the front door as soon as we got home and startled the mailman, who clearly was not expecting me.  If only he knew what was in the box, he would have understood.  Or not.  That's ok.

The magical box 
I could barely contain my excitement when I opened the box!  I was very impressed with Kristin (a fellow awesome Mother Runner who works part-time for Dimity and Sarah) and her expert packing abilities.  I have no idea how she got everything into this box, but I've already asked her in jest if I can recruit her to pack my suitcase for Napa!

So many wonderful goodies from gracious AMR sponsors! 
Our awesome team hat from Headsweats; love the color and reflective trim!  That will come in handy on night runs in Napa!
 I felt like a kid on Christmas morning!  I was especially excited to see our team t-shirt, which had been under wraps for a few weeks.  I adore the team t-shirt and am proud to run in Napa in our awesome ToughGirl tutus!

Yes, indeed. Fear the tutu! 
This tutu is so adorable!  I love the built-in race belt that holds your bib! Genius!  
In addition to the hat, team shirt, and tutu, we also received 110% Flat Out Compression Sox (I am obsessed with these socks! My legs were not happy when I finally took them off), tubes of Nuun, an Ultimate Direction Handy 20 water bottle, some lovely items from Dansko (including a cute bottle opener/corkscrew which will definitely come in handy post-race in Napa Valley), a Soleus running watch, Larabars, GU gels and chomps, Sofsole Socks (my fave!) and arch support inserts, and a Trigger Point Therapy Grid Mini (which I cannot wait to try!!).  I'm so grateful for this opportunity and for the wonderful sponsors who support the AMR community!  Thank you all!

The combo of the team shirt, tutu, and compression socks is pretty badass, I must say.  I can't wait to run in Napa! Be prepared to Fear the Tutu
I am pretty excited, as you can tell.  Please disregard my post-swimming hair! 
I am so fortunate to be able to experience this race, but I am even more blessed to be able to run with my amazing teammates.  We have bonded so much over the past few months and I love them all.  They are supportive, encouraging, hilarious, and just downright wonderful.  JMart (aka Jennifer Martin), one of my teammates had a great post yesterday about the swag and our team and I think she says it best when she says "While our backgrounds and running experiences vary greatly, one thing is for certain…WE ARE A TEAM!"

Yes, indeed!  We are a wonderful team of women set to take on Napa Ragnar is just about two months!  Our 2014 BAMRR (Badass Mother Ragnar Runner) Team is:

Sarah and Dimity (Authors of Run Like a Mother and Train Like a Mother; we would not be here if it weren't for them!)

Smitha Barki, Fauxrunner.com, Georgia

Kim Dixson, New Jersey

Melissa Gilley, Oregon

Jennifer Lewis, Frostedinmaine.com, Maine

Jennifer Martin, rescuingandrunning.wordpress.com, North Carolina 

Kathleen Ojo, California

Lisa Peterson, Colorado

Kelly Preddy, Arkansas

Erin Ranes, Illinois

Jodi Snowdon, 2princessesontherun.wordpress.com, Canada

On another note, I will be out of commission until Friday evening, so unless I can figure out how to schedule my blog posts in advance (I've tried before to no avail), don't fret if you don't hear from me for a few days.  

Here's to a great week! 

Disclaimer:  I received the above products as part of winning the AMR Napa Ragnar contest.  The opinions expressed are mine alone.

"At the end of the day, let there be no excuses, no explanations, no regrets."