Friday, March 27, 2015

Lights, Camera, Runching

Just a quick post tonight as I'm fighting some sort of cold/allergy/sinus "thing" and I think my bed is calling me!  I've also managed to lose my voice, which is not optimal, but I'm sure my hubby and the boys are slightly grateful.

I mentioned that last week that my friend, Stacy, and I got to talk to a local reporter for a story they were working on about women runners and the story aired yesterday on the morning news!

I wasn't expecting the story to air for a few weeks, so I was pleasantly surprised when a co-worker e-mailed me on Wednesday morning and asked if it was my picture that she saw on the KSDK website. I hopped on the website and sure enough, in advance of the story airing, there were some great pictures of Stacy and I from our interview.
We didn't intentionally color coordinate our outfits, but aren't we cute?
We got an e-mail from Nichole at the news station telling us that the story would run during the 6 a.m. hour on Thursday and I was thrilled with how it turned out.  I was nervous about being on camera and being awkward, but Nichole was really easy to talk to and I think I managed to keep the awkwardness to a minimum.  I loved the soundbites that they used in the story and the footage of us running was great, too.  

Check out our television debut here

As mentioned in the story, if you'd like to support Nichole and Sara as they train for the upcoming GO! St. Louis® Marathon and Family Fitness Weekend, please click here. The NBC station that gathers the most support will have their anchors flown to New York City to run the MORE/FITNESS/SHAPE Half Marathon with Natalie Morales and Erica Hill! Every pledge counts and I'm happy to support Nichole and Sara on this journey! 

Speaking of runching, I was able to get out for two runches this week, which felt great.  I'm glad I got those runches in, too, before I started feeling blah!  I've also been drinking a lot of water this week and I didn't eat out for lunch at all, both of which are huge accomplishments for me as of late.

Here's to baby steps to get back on track!

"Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tip toe if you must, but take the step."

No comments:

Post a Comment