Thursday, August 28, 2014

I love compression socks

I am a little obsessed with the 110% Flat Out Compression Sox that I received as part of my Napa swag.  I've mentioned the residual cramping that I've had in both of my calves lately and while it's been getting somewhat better, I decided to put the socks on last night before bed and my legs were so happy!  I slept with them on, too, and I already have them on tonight to wear to bed again.  


All cozied up and ready for a peaceful night's sleep
I woke up a few nights ago with a charlie horse in my left leg and I've had a nagging tenderness in my right leg indicating that I would likely get one in that leg, too.  Wearing my compression socks to bed last night helped the tenderness go away and my legs felt really fresh today when I woke up.  I am in love with these socks and am excited to take them to Napa with me to help my legs feel fresh before I run and to recover after each of my running legs.  (Disclaimer:  I received these socks as part of my swag for the Another Mother Runner Ragnar Relay contest.  All opinions expressed are my own.) 

In other exciting Napa news, the start times for the teams were posted and our team starts at 5:30 a.m. on the 19th!  It seems super early, but that means we will be done in time for our post-race team dinner on Saturday, the 20th.  At some point, I am going to do a quick calculation to see approximately what time my first leg will start based on our estimated race paces, but I may recruit my dear husband to help with that, as we all know math is not my strong suit.

I went to the gym tonight and did 30 minutes on the elliptical, which felt good, but this girl is really looking forward to getting some runs in on this long, holiday weekend!  

I've been feeling a little un-shiny lately and could stand to feel some of the sunshine from within, so I love this quote.

"The sun shines not on us but in us." 

No comments:

Post a Comment