Monday, August 25, 2014

Update on August Goal

I'm going to post a somewhat quick post tonight as I am fading fast!  For some reason, the past few nights, I have been tossing and turning at night, which has meant sleep that isn't terribly restful.  It also didn't help that I didn't try to go to sleep until 1 last night (morning?) since I wasn't tired.  In any case, I am feeling awfully sleepy.

Mother Nature is still having quite the temper tantrum and our heat index today was near 110, so I headed to the gym tonight after dinner.  I did 30 minutes each on the elliptical and the recumbent bike and tonight's t.v. viewing consisted of the Emmy's, Undercover Boss, and the Real Housewives of Orange County Reunion.  It felt good to get in a great workout, especially since my lunch consisted of delicious pizza!

I think I mentioned earlier this month that one of my goals was not to weigh myself until my next weigh-in at the gym (this Saturday, in fact) and I am pleased to report that I have not weighed myself since the 2nd!  This is a huge accomplishment for me and it has been quite liberating.  I'm, of course, curious about my weight but I know that weighing myself on a monthly basis is a much more consistent measurement of my progress.

Here's to a non-scale victory (although, I guess it is related to the scale, so maybe not entirely a non-scale victory)!

"If you don't love yourself before, you won't love yourself after.  It's your body.  Adore it at every weight." 

No comments:

Post a Comment