Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Some days are a struggle...

Like today.  I did NOT want to work out.  At all.  I had a horrible headache and quite frankly, I was having a jolly good time looking around the Internet.  I love the Internet.  So many fun things to look at.  As of late, I have been discovering great running/healthy lifestyle websites and tonight, I was absorbed in several.  I kept putting off my workout, but I finally made myself go do it.  I realized that I could keep looking at these websites wishing that I was half as healthy as the authors, or I could get off my butt and make it happen.  

So I took two ibuprofen and hopped on the elliptical for 25 minutes.  It was still a struggle; in fact, I listened to the same song on repeat the entire time.  I just needed to keep hearing it over and over again to keep me going.  Something about the lyrics of This is the New Year by A Great Big World pushes me onward. "Another year you made a promise, another chance to turn it all around...This is the new year, a new beginning, you made a promise..."  It reminds me of the promise that I made to make better choices and to be healthier.  I am quite sure my husband found my workout tonight amusing, though.  He can't hear what I'm listening to, but I tend to sing along and I'm pretty sure he was wondering why the hell I was listening to the same song over and over again!  You gotta do what you gotta do, though! 

Today, I received an e-mail from a local running store, Fleet Feet (http://www.fleetfeetstlouis.com/), and there was a post included about the responsibility of strong.  It is a great article about knowing the extent of what you can do and how it is usually much more thank you think.  The author, Amy, also says that every time we push ourselves to the limit, that "limit" becomes our new standard. Really eye-opening and a great, quick read!  http://www.fleetfeetstlouis.com/news/responsibility-of-strong

"Don't wish for it. Work for it." 

No comments:

Post a Comment