Friday, June 28, 2013

Vino Van Gogh

Can I just say how glad I am that tomorrow is Friday?  TGIF, indeed!

Tonight, I had a much needed girls night out and got to try something new.  Some friends and I went to Vino Van Gogh (http://www.vinogogh.com/), a create your own painting party.  Vino Van Gogh brings the painting party to you at a local restaurant, as opposed to a studio.  It was so fun!  We picked a Paris in the Springtime painting (this Francophile was in seventh heaven!) and while my painting didn't turn out nearly as good as the instructor's or the sample, I don't think it's too bad for my first masterpiece.  I tried to channel my inner Bob Ross to paint happy little trees and flowers.  Side note: I miss watching Bob's show; he always made painting seem so easy.  Painting was really relaxing and a night out with friends and a (large) glass of Pinot Grigio were much needed!
My abstract version of Paris in the Springtime
I was able to go to the Rec Center at work to get in a 20 minute bike ride on the recumbent bicycle before our class.  It was too hot to workout outside, unfortunately.  I really enjoy the recumbent bike, but I don't feel like it gives me the best workout.  I barely broke a sweat and my arms didn't do much of anything.  I didn't really feel the burn, but I guess it was better than doing nothing.  Not by much, though.  I think a good elliptical workout is in order for tomorrow!  

"An imperfect workout done today is better than a perfect workout delayed indefinitely." 

No comments:

Post a Comment