Monday, September 15, 2014

Last run before Napa

Happy Monday!  Just a quick post tonight as I am super tired and in need of some sleep.  I figure I'd better stock up on sleep now, since I won't be getting much at the end of the week.  However, as Jennifer (aka JMart), one of my teammates, says, I didn't sign up for this race to sleep!

This afternoon at lunch, my friend, Mary, and I went on a run; my last one before Napa!  We went over to the park by our office and ran for a few miles, including a few hills.  We also found two STL 250 cakes on the way.  Maybe "found" is the wrong word.  I should say I sought them out and appreciate Mary being a good sport about it in addition to being my photographer.  It looked a little overcast about midway through our run, but luckily we did not get rained on.  It was a little warmer and muggier than we thought it would be, but, all in all, it was a good run.  Thanks, Mary, for being such a great motivator!

Last night as I was in the midst of pre-race packing and a bit of general anxiety, one of my teammates shared a video with me and the timing could not have been better.  The video, which is now posted on the Another Mother Runner website, was a sweet message from the 2013 BAMRR DC Relay team with some words of wisdom for our 2014 BAMRR Napa Relay team.  My favorite tip is from Joan, who says that if you decide to relieve yourself in a cornfield on the side of the road at 2:00 a.m. to remember that you have blinking safety lights on your back and you will be seen, likely by Dimity.  The Another Mother Runner community is such an amazing group of women who nurture, inspire, and support one another and I was really touched by this sweet gesture from last year's team.  Thank you to the wonderful 2013 BAMRR ladies!  The 2014 BAMRR will wear the slap bracelet proudly!

"A runner is 'real' when she takes the first step." 

No comments:

Post a Comment