Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Summer Cold

Sadly, this is not a post about unusually chilly summer weather, but rather a head cold that I picked up from the hubs and Jack.  It is not fun being sick in summer, but I am counting my lucky stars that this happened now and not two weeks from now when I'm in Napa!

I briefly considered going for a run tonight or going to the gym, but thought better of it.  I figured being sick is my body telling me I need to rest, so tonight, the boys and I did a little crafting.  I saw a link on Facebook a few weeks ago for this adorable pumpkin made out of mason jar lids and I knew I had to make it.  I love, love, love Halloween and this looked like a perfect fall/Halloween decoration for our table!  Luckily, a co-worker of mine is a canning guru and she had a bunch of rusted can rings that she gave me.  She was a little shocked at first that such a craft would "waste perfectly good canning rings" but she was happy to share the rusted lids with me.  Everything has a purpose, right?

So, after dinner tonight, the boys and I went outside to our back yard and had some spray painting fun with the rings.  I'll be sure to post a picture of the final product; I can't wait until it's done.

On another note, the bow tie pasta with shrimp that I made last night was fan-freaking-tastic for lunch today!  I paired it with a side salad with craisins, croutons, Parmesan cheese, and some red wine vinaigrette and it was a delicious lunch!

I'm hoping to feel up to a run tomorrow, but I guess I will have to see how I am feeling.  It's off to bed for this girl!

"Rest when you're weary. Refresh and renew yourself, your body, your mind, your spirit. Then get back to work." 

No comments:

Post a Comment