Friday, December 13, 2013

Getting ready for the Hot Chocolate Race

Guilty admission here.  Based on the forecast for Sunday, I have been contemplating skipping the Hot Chocolate Run; I really have no desire to get frost bite.  However, going to the Race expo and packet pick-up this afternoon got me pumped about the race and I will drag myself out of my warm, cozy bed on Sunday and run it.  If for no other reason than the post-race fondue and hot chocolate!


I am fairly certain I will need a mug this size to warm me up after the race Sunday
When I first heard about this race earlier this summer, I was, of course, intrigued by all of the chocolate, but then I saw it.  The hoodie that all of the participants receive.  It was beautiful.  Reflective piping: check.  Zippered pocket on the back hip:  check.  Thumb holes (!!!): check.  I was obsessed with it and knew that I was going to sign up for the race so that I could get myself a hoodie.  Today, after months of waiting, I got to pick up my beloved hoodie.  Isn't she pretty? 

This photo does not do it justice; it's a beaut. 
Thumb holes!  Love, love love! 
The packet pick-up was well-organized and efficient.  I really appreciated that they had an area where you could try on your hoodie and swap sizes, if necessary.  Luckily, the size I ordered was a perfect fit.  I was a little concerned since my weight loss has stalled! There were several booths at the expo and plenty of cold weather gear for purchase.  There were also hot chocolate samples (perfect on this cold, drizzly day) and samples of chocolate covered marshmallows!  Yum!  If this was a preview of the post-race deliciousness, I am in for a treat! 

Although I am not looking forward to the weather on Sunday, I am looking forward to wearing my new hoodie, getting in a good run, and enjoying some chocolate goodies after the fact!

Hot Chocolate Race, here I come! 
Has anyone ever skipped a race due to weather?  I opted to skip a 5K last year when the remnants of a hurricane blew through St. Louis at race time. 

"Never say the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon." 

No comments:

Post a Comment