Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas!

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that you have been enjoying the magic of the holiday season!  I have found myself incredibly busy over the past week or so between finishing up Christmas shopping, crafting (I might have stayed up until 3 this morning finishing a sock monkey for a little boy I know), baking, and enjoying time with my family.  We had a really wonderful Christmas and we are looking forward to a few relaxing days for winter break.

I hadn't originally planned to bake this year, but all of the memories of my Grandma baking around the holidays inspired me to do some baking with the boys on Monday.  We made chocolate chip cookies, snickerdoodles, nutty marshmallow fudge, and buckeyes.  Yum!  Jack enjoyed watching us and eating the chocolate chips and Nick was my helper.  We had a great time!

I do admit, though, that I have been really lax as far as running and eating healthy, so I'm looking forward to getting back in the groove next week.  I've decided that in addition to using an app of some sort for my half marathon training, I am also going to use a paper schedule.  I saw someone post their paper schedule complete with smiley face stickers for days completed and that really spoke to me.  I like to see the big picture as far as training goes and this worked really well for me when I was training for the marathon relay earlier this year.  One of my awesome teammates made a 12 week calendar countdown to the race for me and included stickers so I could mark the days I ran or worked out.  It was a wonderful tool for me and I think having something similar for my half will be valuable.

I'm also looking forward to getting back into the blogging groove! :)

I'm trying to keep the below quote in mind daily.

"Love who you are." 

No comments:

Post a Comment