Wednesday, December 11, 2013

It's the most wonderful time of the year

It really is the most wonderful time of the year, but it also always seems to be the busiest! I promise, I did not fall off the face of the earth, but I have definitely been feeling the hustle and bustle of the holidays; shopping, crafting, parties, decorating, etc.  It is all worth it, though; I really love this time of year and I particularly enjoy watching the holidays through the eyes of my boys!  I am trying not to get too overwhelmed, though, like I was around the end of October.  I don't want to get run down physically and mentally!

Sadly, I haven't had the opportunity to try out my new Saucony sports bra and Runderpants, but I hope to soon!  We had a little bit of a nasty bug running through our house this weekend and I wasn't feeling too well yesterday.  I feel much better today, though!  It looks like our weather will be warming up soon and it looks like prime running weather, which I'm excited about.  It has been really cold here and I have become a bit of a wuss when it comes to the weather.  We are supposed to have a low of 7 degrees tonight and on the way home, I saw a gentleman out for a run wearing a long sleeve shirt and shorts (!).  That's dedication!  Maybe I should take a cue from his persistence?

I've felt like the ultimate slacker the past few weeks and I think that in some ways, I am allowing myself to do so, because I know that come the first of the year, I will need to buckle down and train.  It isn't an excuse, but I guess I am trying to get my slacking out of my system now while I can.  I do have a race coming up on Sunday; the Hot Chocolate 5K and I am very much looking forward to it.  It's not a competitive race for me personally (although a PR is always nice!) and I just plan to enjoy the race and most of all, have fun and eat a lot of chocolate at the end!

Has anyone participated in one of the Hot Chocolate Races?  

"Push ourselves to discover limitations, then push past them." 

No comments:

Post a Comment