Monday, February 10, 2014

Hug your loved ones a little tighter

Just a quick post tonight as I am exhausted both mentally and physically.  I received some heartbreaking news today and it was a jarring reminder that life is short, so hug your loved ones a little tighter, don't put off tomorrow what you can do today, and savor every minute of the craziness that is life.

I wish I could say that I didn't succumb to stress eating today, but the cupcake I had for a late afternoon snack and the Oreo shake and curly fries that I ate for dinner tell a different story.  I fluctuated between feelings of overwhelming nausea and an insatiable hunger, so I'm not sure what to make of it.  In any case, I will get back on track tomorrow.

It doesn't help that I haven't really been able to get in a good distance run in over a week (my race on Saturday was great, but not quite a "clear your head" kind of run).  It was bitterly cold today, but I checked the forecast and it looks like our temperatures will be in the 40's - 50's by the weekend and into early next week.  I'm looking forward to logging some miles when the weather improves!

"Enjoy the little things in life...for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things." 

No comments:

Post a Comment