Monday, July 28, 2014

All good things must come to an end - Vacation 2014

We left for Branson on Monday morning for a much needed vacation and some quality family time and we had a wonderful trip.  It is definitely hard getting back to reality!  Earlier this year, my in-laws invited us to join them on vacation and we were so excited to get out of town for a bit to enjoy some time on the lake! When I started dating Matt fourteen (!) years ago, I soon realized I was joining a fishing family and while I had never been fishing before in my life, I discovered I loved it.  We don't go fishing as much as we'd like, so we were definitely looking forward to getting out on the water and seeing what we could catch.

I had plans to continue my Napa training plan while on vacation since the plan called for a short (ish) run on Tuesday and another relatively easy run on Thursday, and I even brought my running clothes and gear, but I did not go for a run either day.  I'm ok with taking those two days off though, as family time and relaxing were just what I needed after a rough few months.  I will post more about vacation soon, but wanted to share some pictures before I call it a night.

I hope everyone had a great week last week!

I am a beach bum at heart, but this lake is pretty darn gorgeous.  I've decided I just need to live near water (and the mighty Mississippi does not cut it) and this will do! 
The boys exploring the water near the boat ramp
One of the fish I caught

Jack and Daddy fishing 
Nick was fine with the fish he caught (our first of the day!) until it started flailing about.  Shortly thereafter, he decided to hang out on a rocky ledge while we finished fishing.  It was a valiant effort! 
Pure joy jumping off the boat!
The quote below applies to me and any wave; the sound of the waves on the boat and the shore at the lake were so soothing!

"The waves of the sea help me get back to me." 

No comments:

Post a Comment