Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Guess who went to the gym tonight?

This girl!  I only joined the gym a month ago, on June 30th, so I figured it was time to put it to good use!  I was a little intimidated at first; there was one guy lifting weights who I swear had calves as big as my thighs and it was all muscle.  However, once I got on the elliptical and got into my groove, I didn't feel nearly as intimidated.  The people watching was fantastic, too!  There was a really fun Zumba class going on that I could see from my machine and the music helped pump me up, too.  It was also really motivating to see such varied people at the gym; different age groups, sizes, males, females, etc.

My legs fought me a little bit in the beginning on the elliptical but eventually, the soreness went away and I felt really great.  I did 35 minutes on the elliptical and it did wonders for my spirit today.  It was a bit of a rough day and I was feeling a bit funky, so some cardio did me well.

I think the gym is going to serve me really well in regards to cross-training and strength-training for my fall races.  I have an appointment on Saturday morning with a personal trainer, which should be interesting.  I was observing some of the trainers tonight and they definitely push their clients, which is good, but intimidating.

In other exciting news, I booked my airfare for Napa today!  It's starting to get real and my excitement continues to grow!

My focus for the next few weeks leading up to Napa and then my half, is strength training, cross-training/cardio, and running using a cross between my Napa training plan and possibly one of Hal Higdon's plans.  I want to be strong, fierce, badass, and injury free for my races!

"The most remarkable adventurers keep going - one inch, one foot, one victory at a time."

No comments:

Post a Comment