Sunday, November 10, 2013

A new week

I promise, I am not going to make a habit of going so long in between posts, but I've been trying to take care of myself again and that has not left much time for blogging.  Let this be a lesson to take better care of myself.  My sore throat was not, unfortunately, just my allergies adjusting to the fall weather, but the beginnings of a cold that turned into a gnarly sinus infection.  I think this was my body telling me it's not cool to let myself get so run down like I have been the past few weeks.  I am feeling better, but not quite 100% yet.  I am hopeful for a better week though!

Let's re-cap my goals from last week and give an update on my progress:
  • Increase my water intake:  marginally successful.  I still had my share of Pepsi's this week, but I also had an abundance of chamomile tea to help with my sore throat.  I also tried to be more diligent about drinking water at work.   
  • Resume running: Nada, zip, zilch.  I should probably feel a little guilty about this, but I don't and that's the honest truth.  I did not feel well this week and there was no sense in being silly and going out for a run.  Rest and hot tea were what I needed last week, not an even more run down Laura. 
  • Eat better (i.e. less snacking, particularly late at night):  Again, marginally successful.  I did not have a single bowl of Raisin Bran before bed last week.  However, there is still a large quantity of Halloween candy in the Roeseler household and I've done my part to help eliminate it.  
  • Return to tracking my food on My Fitness Pal: Again a big ol' nothing here.  I tracked my weight this week, but not my food.  I hate being sick and not being able to taste food and that was my life near the end of last week, so I wasn't eating much.  
  • Work on my stories for Miles of Motivation (http://milesofmotivation.com/):  Aha!  I did accomplish one of my goals for this week!  Although, I changed this goal from "stories" to "story" as I realized I probably only had time for one story and I wanted to make it a really good one.  I submitted to the Miles of Motivation website the story of how I became a runner and now the wait begins to see if my story is selected. Fingers crossed! 
  • My first giveaway on my blog:  A big goose egg here, too.  In order to do the giveaway, I need to complete my review of the product first and given that it is geared around working out and running, I haven't been able to review it yet.  I hope my immune system cooperates and that I can try out this product early in the week and do the giveaway towards the middle to end of this week! 
So, I think I will make the above goals (minus the Miles of Motivation story) my target for this week and try again!  What are your goals for this week?  

Matt and I had a really wonderful, and much needed, date night last night (thanks, Mom, for watching the boys!).  We went out to dinner and had grown-up conversations (!), giggled a lot together, and enjoyed some quality time.  After dinner, we headed to Target to bum around before our movie started and we had a great time.  We always have random adventures when we shop together and it has been so long since we've done that.  We found some great hats for the boys and we tried on a few ourselves!  We also went to the movie theater and saw About Time, a great romantic comedy, which we both highly recommend.  We laughed, we cried, you know the drill.  I love Matt for many, many reasons; one of which is that he will go see rom-com's with me, because he admittedly actually likes them (most of the time)!  

Here's to getting back on track this week!  

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do from this point forward." 

No comments:

Post a Comment