Monday, November 18, 2013

Hydration and Caffeine Withdrawal

When I woke up this morning, I decided I was going to try to drink a substantial amount of water throughout the day to try to get close to the recommended daily intake (half of my body weight in ounces).  I really do like water, I promise, but I get a bit bored with it at times and it is really hard to imagine drinking anywhere close to half my body weight in ounces.  I was successful today, though, in drastically increasing my water intake, as I think I drank close to 72 ounces. Victory!  Here's hoping for another successful day of hydration tomorrow!

I drank three of these bad boys at work today and started working on a fourth!

I also made it out for a run at lunch and it was glorious!  It was a quick 2 miles, but it was a beautiful day, I was listening to a great podcast, and my body felt great; all in all a great run!  I used the last little bit of my ENERGYbits sample before I ran and again, I had a great experience with them.  I almost immediately felt refreshed after taking the bits and that energy and alertness lasted throughout my run and the rest of my afternoon.  I'm finally starting to feel better after my sinus infection, so it felt good to get back out and run and I'm excited to get back in my groove again! 

I made it through the day without a soda, but I am experiencing yet another gnarly headache.  This leads me to think my headaches are caused by caffeine withdrawal and not dehydration (there is no way I was dehydrated today!).  It's not fun by any means, but it's nothing a little Tylenol and sleep won't cure, I'm sure. 

How was your Monday?  Were you able to stay appropriately hydrated? 

"Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outfun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." 

No comments:

Post a Comment