Thursday, November 28, 2013

Week of Thanks: Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!  I have so much to be thankful for and had a wonderful day with my family . I hope you had a wonderful day, too!

Today, my post is dedicated to my friends, who are really family to me.  I can count on them through thick and thin and while we may not see each other as often as we'd like between family, work, geography, and other commitments, I love how when we see each other, we can just pick up where we left off.  I hope they know that they are always in my heart and I wouldn't be who I am today without their friendship.

I'm thankful for friends who have seen me at my best and worst, cried with me, laughed with me, rejoiced with me; they've been by my side through graduations, weddings, births, deaths, and everything in between.  I'm thankful for game nights (which we need to re-instate!), girls days out, and play dates with our beautiful kids.  It means so much to me that we are still close and it warms my heart to see our kids playing together and watching them grow up!

Throwback Thursday!  The night of my wedding rehearsal in 2004

We didn't plan to be pregnant at the same time; pure coincidence! (2011)
I am thankful for friends who I met through work, but whose friendship extends far beyond that.  Friends that lift you up when you need it, listen to you vent, and help you navigate through the craziness that at times can be your career.

I'm thankful for a friend who helped me become a little less naive (although I still can be quite naive at times) and a lot stronger, always tells me like it is, makes me laugh, drinks with me (at Cardinals games and while playing Apples to Apples...thumbs down), and helped me through an incredibly emotional and sad time in my life, for which I will always be grateful. 

Another Throwback Thursday picture from my baby shower for Nick (2007)
I'm thankful for this girl right below, who I hope won't hold it against me that I am posting a picture of her. :)  She is one of the most supportive, caring, and honest friends a girl could ask for and I cherish our friendship.  She and I are going to tackle a half marathon in the spring and we are going to crush it!


I am thankful for a friend who will wear mustaches with me (we need to reinstate Mustache Mondays!), run in the snow and sleet with me, and who motivates me and supports me every step of the way.


I am incredibly thankful for all of my friends; you inspire me, encourage me, and support me in so many ways.  I am so blessed to have you in my life and I look forward to many more adventures and memories!

Happy Thanksgiving! 

"When destiny forgets to tie some people in blood relations, it corrects its mistake by making them true friends." 

No comments:

Post a Comment