Friday, November 29, 2013

Week of Thanks: Fruitful Friday

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!  We had a wonderful day, although I ate entirely too much and the scale was not amused.  It's ok, though.  It was one day and I am getting back on track!  Let this be a lesson to myself for Christmas, though!

Today's post is a hodgepodge of things I am thankful for to round out my Week of Thanks.

  • I am thankful for my extended family who mean so much to me: my in-laws, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.  I really have a wonderful family and I am blessed to have so many loving, supportive people in my life.
  • I am thankful for our home which keeps us warm, dry, and "cozy" as Nick told me this afternoon.  It is our little sanctuary in this crazy world!
  • I am thankful that we have the food necessary to nourish our bodies. 
  • I am thankful that Matt and I have good jobs to support our family.  I have worked many places in my (relatively) short career and I am thankful to have found a supportive environment to spread my wings. 
  • I am thankful for the vehicles we have that allow us to get to the places we need to go.  Nick and I talked about this today as we were out shopping.  We decided it would take us a really long time to walk everywhere we needed to go, which led us to a fun guessing game about how long it would take us to get to various places.
  • I am thankful for the health of my family and I.  (Nick would like to note that, along these lines, he is thankful for vitamins.  Indeed.) 
  • I am thankful for the outlet and accountability that my blog provides as I move towards my weight loss goals.  I am also thankful for the wonderful people who read my random thoughts on this blog and for the lovely people I've met as a result of it. 
My cup runneth over and I am indeed a very blessed woman!  Thank you for letting me share my gratitude this week! 

"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures." 

No comments:

Post a Comment