Sunday, November 17, 2013

Random Thoughts

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  Mine was a lovely mix of productivity and relaxation.  Nick and I participated in the second half of Scouting for Food yesterday morning and he and the other Tiger Cubs did a great job. It was nice to see the boys doing something good for others in our community. After Scouting for Food, I had a horrible headache (not sure if it was caffeine withdrawal or sinuses or the weather changing or all of the above), so I took a long nap and then we went out and did a little Christmas shopping.  I'm trying to do my shopping a little at a time this year to a) not overwhelm myself at the last minute and b) not overwhelm my pocketbook. Today, I did a little laundry, went grocery shopping, did the dishes, and spent time with the boys.  All in all, a great weekend!

I feel like I have a bit of writers block tonight, so this post is going to be a little random in nature; bear with me!  I am slightly obsessed with a band at the moment and I wanted to share the love with you, too.  One of the perks of sharing an office with co-workers who are much more in tune (ha!) with the music scene is that I am exposed to new music that I might not otherwise hear, unless, of course, it is covered on GLEE.  People knock GLEE and the covers they do, but I have actually been turned onto a lot of artists through the show that I might not have otherwise known about.  Fun. and A Great Big World come to mind, just to name a few.  I digress.  My co-workers introduced me to Bastille a few weeks ago and at first, I wasn't sold.  Mainly because the music video for Pompeii scared the bejesus out of me (fair warning:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F90Cw4l-8NY).  Then about two weeks ago, my co-workers sent me the acoustic version of Pompeii (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytie995zY-Q) and I was hooked.  It's haunting and beautiful and it will get stuck in your head for days!  I listened to the rest of their c.d. "Bad Blood" and it is amazing.  I can't stop listening to it; in the car, at home, at work, I've been jamming to Bastille. All of the songs are great, but my faves are Things We Lost in the Fire, Pompeii, Bad Blood, Flaws, Icarus, These Streets, Laura Palmer, Get Home, and Weight of Living Pt. 1.  It's just a great c.d. and I highly recommend it if you are looking for new music!

Is there any new music you are jamming to these days?  

Along those same lines, I am also really into two new shows on t.v. this fall.  Matt and I are hooked on "The Blacklist" and I am loving "Sleepy Hollow!"  I admit that I watch much of "Sleepy Hollow" with my face behind my hands because it is a little scary, but it's so good!  Matt won't watch it with me though.  He does not like scary movies or scary anything, so I'm on my own when it comes to "Sleepy Hollow."  "The Blacklist" is a little predictable at times, but it's also intriguing and we love it!

Are there any new shows you love to watch this season?  

I'm going to make a concerted effort this week to really increase my water intake.  I've heard your water intake is supposed to be equivalent (in ounces) to half of your body weight, so I have a ways to go!  It seems like a lot of water to me, but I know it will be good for me.  Part of me wonders if my massive headache yesterday had anything to do with dehydration, so yet another reason to drink more water.

I made it four days without a Pepsi, but I caved today and had one. It tasted marvelous, but it was just a small treat.  I'm not going to get back in the habit of having one soda a day, so it's back to water and tea tomorrow!

I'm looking forward to getting a few runs in this week, too!  I didn't make it out for a run this weekend, so it will be nice to pound the pavement during the work week.

Hope everyone has a great start to the week!

"What you get by reaching your destination is not nearly as important as what you will become by reaching your destination." 

No comments:

Post a Comment