Thursday, June 26, 2014

A few NSV's

I was pleasantly surprised today that I didn't feel too sore after last night's Fit Camp class.  At one point over the weekend, it hurt to straighten my hair because my arms were so sore, so it was nice after all of the weight lifting last night to not feel too worse for the wear.

I've had a few NSV's (non-scale victories) lately that I thought I'd share, because I think those can be more important than scale victories most of the time: 
  • I haven't had a soda since Saturday, which doesn't seem like a long time, but I was having one every day for the past few weeks.  Baby steps!  I do miss my beloved Pepsi and while I'm not cutting it out permanently, I am going to go without for awhile to save it as a special treat. 
  • I have been drinking a lot more water over the past week and while I feel like I have to go to the bathroom every five minutes, being hydrated feels good!
  • I seem to have finally broken up with my scale.  We are still friends, but we don't see one another every morning and I am ok with that.  I am still weighing myself nearly weekly to check on my progress (or lack there of recently...ugh) but I am not obsessive about it.  As someone wisely told me recently Who cares what the scale says?  You just said you feel sluggish and your clothes are tighter, so it doesn't matter what the number on the scale says.  You know you have work to do. #Truth
  • I recently bought a dress through an online catalog and ordered it in a size that I would typically order.  When I got it and tried it on, it looked like a muumuu.  I like a muumuu just as much as the next person and in fact, they are quite comfortable and good for the beach.  It's just not necessarily what I'm looking for in a cute, work appropriate dress.  I sent it back to exchange it and I ended up ordering 2 sizes down, which is a size I have not seen in a long time.  Another dress I bought recently was the same; I bought it in a certain size, but in hindsight, I definitely could have gone down another size, which is again, a size I haven't seen in a long time.  It just goes to show that although I am not happy with the number on the scale at the moment, my body is changing in other ways and that's good. 
It's always nice to take a step back from the scale and think of the non-scale victories that have occurred! 

Have you had any NSV's lately?  

"You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." 

No comments:

Post a Comment