Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Getting in the Zone

After a few weeks of a general sense of not feeling like myself, I feel like I am finally getting back in the zone.  I needed a little kick in the pants and my (tightening) clothes and my friend the scale told me what I needed to know this weekend.  I've started eating much better, I'm getting more sleep, I'm starting to work out again, I'm spending time with my guys, and I'm feeling overall 100% better.

I am set to start training for Napa next week, which is exciting, and in the meantime, I've started incorporating strength training into my routine.  I attended a fit for a cause event at Evolve Personal Fitness on Saturday and it was really nice to get a good workout in and benefit a local family whose son is battling cancer.  I attended a previous fit for a cause event last summer, as well as a small group training session, and I was really impressed with the knowledge of Doug and his staff and the way in which they motivated and encouraged their clients.  I saw on Facebook that Evolve was offering a two week trial and I knew that working with Doug would be a great way to get myself in gear for my upcoming training and to help me reach my weight loss goals.

I've been working on drinking a lot more water, not drinking soda, and eating as cleanly as I possibly can.  I also attended a Fit Camp class last night at Evolve, which was challenging but it also made me feel really great.  My muscles were pretty sore from Saturday's class, but Fit Camp helped work out the soreness and gave me something to work towards.  There were people of all levels of fitness in attendance and so I did not feel out of place at all, but I did modify some of the exercises to suit my level of fitness.  I'd love to work up to some of the more advanced moves, which I know will come in time.  I'm anxious to go back to Fit Camp tomorrow night and see what they have in store for us!

"Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence & experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast & outsmart them, & the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." 

No comments:

Post a Comment