Monday, June 30, 2014

First Day of Training

Well, today was my first day of my Napa Ragnar training and it started with an off/rest day.  I can handle that!  In all seriousness, though, it was a bit hard starting a training plan with a rest day.  We discussed that a bit on our BAMR Ragnar group page on Facebook last night and some of us were going to stick to it and others were going to run.  It all comes down to making the plan work for you and your schedule, though, so to each their own!  It helped that the weather cooperated with my rest day; we had treacherous heat indices, which made the decision to not run a bit easier.

Tomorrow, I have an easy three miles on the schedule and Wednesday is an off or cross-training day.  I am going to make it a cross-training day, though, because I joined a local gym today!  I am excited to have found a gym nearby that is a reasonable rate so I can ride the recumbent bike or do the elliptical for cross-training.  It will also give me the opportunity to do some weight lifting and strength training, which I am excited about.

I also had to share a pretty huge NSV from today.  I got a free drink at Panera this afternoon with my lunch and since it was a small drink instead of the large, I thought maybe I would get a Pepsi.  1) It was a small drink and 2) I was taking it back to work, so therefore, no opportunity to refill it with more Pepsi.  I spent a good minute having a internal debate with myself and ended up going for the unsweet iced tea.  A small victory, but a victory nonetheless.

Happy first day of training to all of you beginning your fall plans today!

"A goal without a plan is just a wish." 

No comments:

Post a Comment