Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Thoughts on cross-training

I took a rest day today, because my legs were sore from my run yesterday, but in the most delicious way.  I could tell I gave my legs a good workout yesterday, so I decided they deserved a rest today.

I do think I need to get back on the cross-training bandwagon.  I was doing such a great job over the summer of alternating run days and cross-training and I think it helped with my weight loss to be sure, but also my overall level of fitness.  I have been woefully negligent with cross-training and I wonder if this has contributed to the difficulties I have been having on my runs lately.  My favorite form of cross-training, though, was going for walks at night with Matt and the boys and this is impossible now during the work week due to dwindling sunlight.  The elliptical gets a bit boring and while I love to bike, I don't feel like the recumbent bike gives me that great of a workout.  I'd love to be able to bike outdoors, but I either need to get a new bike or fix my old one, if it can be repaired.

Long story short, I need to get back in the habit of cross-training through whatever means necessary and stop making excuses.

What's your favorite form of cross-training?  

"Set a goal so big you can't achieve it until you grow into the person who can." 

No comments:

Post a Comment