Thursday, January 9, 2014

A little inspiration

As I mentioned yesterday, I am getting really antsy to start training and running again.  I am still a little nervous about the level of commitment involved as most of the training plans I am looking into involve 5-6 days of running per week.  However, today, I came across the video below posted on the Run Like A Mother Facebook page and it really inspired me, so I wanted to share it with you.

A woman posted a time lapse video of her visiting the gym for 100 days.  I empathized with her completely at the beginning of the video; you could feel her frustration and sadness and I have been there before.  As the days progress, she blossoms and you can't help but share in her joy at the end of the video.  Her enthusiasm and joy are contagious!  I'm going to keep this link handy when I need a little inspiration and I hope a little bit of her dedication and commitment rub off on me in the coming weeks.

http://www.wimp.com/womangym/

At the end of her video, there is a link to https://giveit100.com/, which invites visitors to "practice something for 100 days" and to take a video every day.  It looks like there are some other great videos on the site, so I'm looking forward to checking those out.

As of midnight last night, the school district we live in tweeted that they were planning to have school in session today, but I awoke to the sound of our house phone ringing at a little after 5 a.m. this morning with a message that school was closed again, due to additional snowfall overnight (not much, maybe an inch, but enough to make the still somewhat messy roads even messier).  I appreciate that they have a phone tree to alert us of closures, because back in my day, you had to get up and watch the news to see if school was closed, but darned if that phone call doesn't scare me every time.  We don't get a lot of calls on our land line, so when it rings at 5 a.m., I can't help but think it is an emergency.

I probably should have bundled up the boys and taken them outside to play in the snow since it was actually pretty mild outside, but I'm recovering from the sinus and ear infections and Jack has the sniffles, so I didn't want to risk it.  It probably would have done us some good to get outside for a bit, but we enjoyed watching movies and the boys discovered that our recliner in our family room makes a great indoor slide!  I love their ingenuity and seeing their imagination come to life!

Feel free to share any additional inspirational stories or videos below (especially your own stories!).  I would love to have an abundance of motivational and inspirational stories to keep me going during training! 

"The task ahead of you is never greater than the strength within you." 

No comments:

Post a Comment