Monday, January 13, 2014

Half Training: Day 2

Day 2 of half marathon training is in the books.  Hooray!  Holy quads Batman!  My quads are really tight and were bugging me quite a bit today, but I pushed through a 3 miler on my lunch break.  My pace was a bit slower today due to the fact that my normal path around the lake at the park by my office was crazy slushy and muddy, so there was a lot more Prancercize happening today.  I'm not too worried about my pace, because at least I got out there and did it and that's all I'm going for at this point.  There will be plenty of time for speed later.  I did 3.02 miles in 39:37, with an average pace of 13:07.  Tomorrow is a cross-training day, so I think some elliptical work is in order to help alleviate some of the tightness in my quads.
Thanks to my co-worker and running buddy today for taking this picture!  Thanks, Mer!
One of our local Fleet Feet stores was offering a Garmin seminar tonight, which I attended.  I am chomping at the bit to get a Garmin and I thought it would be helpful to learn about the various models of Garmin watches and their features.  A Garmin representative led the session and was very helpful in answering our questions.  We were able to look at the different models and I found it to be very helpful.  Although, now I am wondering if I should get a model with a heart rate monitor.  I am really just looking for something to help me track distance, pace, and overall time, though, so I think the Forerunner 10 will suffice for my needs.  I think a heart rate monitor might be a little more than I need now.  There are so many options!  In any case, going to seminars like the Garmin session tonight reminded me how thankful I am to have so many great local running stores to frequent.  It is great having the resources at Fleet Feet and Big River Running to help me on my journey!

Do you use a running watch?  If so, which one do you have and what do you love about it? 

"Your body hears everything your mind says. Stay positive." 

No comments:

Post a Comment