Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Rest Days

I planned to take a rest day yesterday and it was a success!  I hadn't slept well on Tuesday night, so I was incredibly tired and the weather was cold and snowy, so I figured a rest day was in order.  I ended up going to bed a little after 9 and it was delightful.  I felt well-rested this morning, which was a nice change of pace.

Today, it was another bitterly cold day and I took another (unintentional) rest day.  I am a little nervous about taking two rest days in a row and how that will affect the momentum I built over the weekend with my training runs. I also know, though, that my body took a beating over the weekend between running and falling at the bowling alley, so perhaps a few rest days are just what I needed.  I think my co-workers are amused and slightly irritated by the fact that I groan every time I stand up from my chair and I'm almost always holding my rear end when I walk.  My tailbone is feeling slightly better, so that's a plus.  Despite the fact that tomorrow is supposed to be even colder yet, I plan to fit in a run during lunch (fingers crossed).

It was just a few days ago that I posted that I wasn't going to worry about weight loss while I train and what did I do this morning?  I weighed myself and got a little irritated with what the scale read.  While I don't think there is anything wrong with being aware of my weight, I do think I need to stop beating myself up over the ups and downs that are naturally going to occur.  Particularly as I'm training and building muscle, I'm sure slight increases are to be expected.

I'm curious to know from others who have trained or are training for a half or full marathon, did you gain weight while training?  

I need to repeat the following to myself over and over tomorrow before my run:

"If you wait for perfect conditions, you'll never get anything done." 

No comments:

Post a Comment