Monday, April 14, 2014

For your reading pleasure

I've been catching up on my blog reading the past few nights and wanted to share a few favorite reads with you before I call it a night!

Katie at Runs for Cookies posted her Motivational Monday post today (these are always fantastic posts to read; so inspiring) and I was drawn to a story about Katelyn running her first marathon in...wait for it...Paris!  I still maintain that I will never run a full marathon, but I would love to do the Paris 1/2 marathon someday.  Reading Katelyn's post was like running through Paris with her; I loved the pictures she posted and reading about her route through the city.  Running down the Avenue des Champs-Élysées? Running along the Seine?  Running next to the Eiffel Tower?  Yes, yes, and YES, please!  It made me a bit homesick for my favorite city, but it also gives me even more motivation to go back someday to run the 1/2!

Katie has also posted some great posts about her Ragnar SoCal adventures, so be sure to check those out.  Martha was also a member of Katie's Ragnar SoCal team and I've really enjoyed reading her recaps from the weekend (here and here).  Katie and Martha both mentioned the VooDoo donuts they had before the race and now, more than ever, I'm convinced I need to go to Portland to try these donuts I've heard so much about!  

Jessica posted a great review of Train Like a Mother by my favorite running gals, Sarah and Dimity.  Train Like a Mother is next up on my reading list and I appreciated Jessica's feedback on the book!

Lastly, check out this beautiful story from Runner's World; I saw this posted on Facebook last week and I was moved by the beautiful pictures of Boston Marathon victims and the messages they shared in the feature.  Photographer Robert X. Fogarty has a series called "Dear World" which includes message-on-skin portraits.  For this segment of the project, Robert asked several survivors to return to the finish line to take their portraits.  Each survivor selected their own message and the result is so powerful and inspiring.  

"There is no telling how many miles you will have to run while chasing a dream."

No comments:

Post a Comment