Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter and a wonderful weekend!  I think Spring has finally sprung here and we had a beautiful weekend!  I did not get out and run this weekend, nor have I run since the half two weeks ago.  I am starting fresh tomorrow though and hoping that my hip is finally healed and that the lingering pain I had in my right foot after the half is gone for good.

We had a really nice Easter, which started bright and early at 7 when the boys woke us up to see if the Easter Bunny had visited.  The boys loved their baskets and had a great time finding eggs.  Jack has discovered Hershey's Kisses and he had to be sure to eat the ones from each egg before moving onto the next egg.  We had our annual Peep microwaving adventure after the egg hunt and both boys got a kick out of seeing the blue bunny Peep expanding in the microwave (Mommy got a kick out of it, too).

Later, I took the boys to a local park and we had a great time blowing bubbles, playing on the playground, and visiting the animals.  This particular park has farm animals and we saw horses, cows, a very pregnant pig, miniature horses, goats, turkeys, a bunny, and some very loud roosters.  Jack loved seeing the animals up close and Nick asked  if we could come back after the piglets are born to see them (according to the sign in the barn, the piglets are due May 1st, so not too long now!).

Be still my heart...My sweet boys walking together at the park. 
We had a really nice dinner at my mom's house and the boys had fun finding eggs at her house from the Easter Bunny.  I think the fresh air and all of the fun activities from the day wore the boys out, though, because they both crashed early and they crashed hard!

I'm looking forward to starting fresh tomorrow; healthy eating and working out on a regular basis again so that I can get back on track!  I'm making another batch of steel cut oats tonight for my breakfasts this week and I bought some fixings for really great salads for my lunches (almonds, craisins, mandarin oranges, goat cheese, turkey, and strawberry balsamic vinaigrette, yum!).  

"Rise up, start fresh, see the bright opportunity in each new day."

No comments:

Post a Comment