Saturday, April 12, 2014

Rite of passage

Today, I purchased my pink 13.1 car magnet (a half marathon rite of passage in my mind) and it felt pretty awesome putting it on my car!  I must admit that when I used to see the 13.1 or 26.2 magnets on cars, I would roll my eyes and think Oy another runner but darned if I'm not one of those silly runners now and that is pretty amazing.

I like the way that looks!
I had a great day today; my mom, the boys, and I decided to hit up one of the newer outlets malls in our area and it was a beautiful day to be outside and do a little shopping.  I bought a really cute new outfit for myself (a skirt and top), which I haven't done in ages and my skirt size is a size I haven't worn in close to 10 years! 

We had fun walking around the stores and browsing and then we had a nice dinner out and treated ourselves to frozen yogurt.  Well, treat may be the wrong word given that this makes 4 days in a row that I've had some type of fro-yo.  A new frozen yogurt store (Tutti Frutti) just opened right down the street from my office (dangerously close) and it is so delicious.  I may have gone on Wednesday afternoon since it had recently opened and I wanted a treat, then again on Thursday because it was so good the day before and I was craving it again, and then again on Friday since it was the grand opening and the first 200 customers got free fro-yo and you can't pass up free fro-yo.  Generally speaking, fro-yo isn't the worst thing in the world to eat and mine would have been ok (vanilla with fresh raspberries and peanuts) except for the hot fudge I glopped on top.  We've made it a rule, though, that going forward we are only allowing ourselves to visit Tutti Frutti on quarter Thursdays (each ounce is only a quarter!), otherwise, we could get ourselves, our pocketbooks, and our waistlines in trouble! 

I'm looking forward to going for a run tomorrow; my first since the half on Sunday.  It was nice giving myself a little rest this week, but I'm itching to get out and run, especially since the weather has been so beautiful lately (of course, it does look like there is a chance of rain tomorrow). 

What is your favorite fro-yo combination?  

"A run begins the moment you forget you are running." 

No comments:

Post a Comment