Friday, April 4, 2014

Race Expo

Holy windy Friday, Batman!  After our stormy day yesterday, we had much cooler weather today and gusty winds, but thankfully no tornado sirens.  My friend, Mary, and I headed down to the race expo around lunchtime to pick-up our race packets and take a look around the expo.

The bib pick-up was very efficient; each race had it's own pick-up area that was organized by bib number.  It felt really official getting my bib and this is the first bib I've had with my name on it! 

It's official! This is happening! 
The expo
The expo wasn't too crowded at the time we were there, which was nice.  I picked up some GU's from my favorite local running store (Big River Running) because they had the Salted Caramel ones that I've heard so much about and they are very hard to find. I can't wait to try it and see if it is just as good as I've heard about.  We walked around for a bit and then headed back to work.  The expo wasn't enormous by any means, but it was a decent size and there was a variety of booths to visit.

I've figured out my race day outfit and I got the final piece of the puzzle last night.  I knew I wanted to run in a sparkly skirt of some kind (over my running capris) and on a trip to the fabric store a few weeks ago, I spotted the perfect fabric.  It was pink and sparkly and it already had an elastic waistband attached, so it was just a matter of sewing it together.  My mama is a handy seamstress (amongst her many talents), so she offered to sew it together for me and shorten the length a bit, too.  Thanks, Mom!  It turned out perfectly! 

A little pink sparkle will add the perfect touch to my race day attire
I'm proud to say that in an effort to increase my water intake pre-race, I haven't had a soda since Sunday.  It's been difficult at times (like tonight, when I almost caved and had a Pepsi), but I'm hoping the combination of no-soda, increased water, protein and carbs this week, and just eating better in general will help me feel at my best on Sunday. 

Tomorrow should be a fairly relaxing, pre-race day.  What are your plans for the weekend?

"If you are going to doubt something, doubt your limits."

No comments:

Post a Comment