Wednesday, April 9, 2014

My first half marathon (the quick version)

I promise I will post a more detailed race re-cap soon, but Sunday was a good day.  No, I take that back, it was an amazing, wonderful, powerful day and I am very proud of what I accomplished.  I have been resting quite a bit this week after my first half marathon (pretty darn cool to type that, by the way) so I have been trying to get to sleep at a reasonable hour and therefore, slacking on blogging!

This beaut is mine!
I feel as though I should clarify; I actually feel pretty amazing following the half as far as sore muscles go, etc. I do think, though, that the past four months have caught up to me following the race and I am feeling mentally and physically tired, thus my attempts to rest and get more sleep this week.  

I appreciate all of the well-wishes, Facebook messages, and texts on Sunday!  It was so wonderful to have so much support and encouragement and I am so grateful to each and every one of you. 

Stay tuned for the full race re-cap! 

"Limitations only exist if you let them." 

No comments:

Post a Comment