Saturday, September 28, 2013

End of Year Weight Loss Challenge Update

Goodness, I've been a slacker in the blogging world the past few days!  It was a pretty busy week and as such, I've been hitting the hay early the past few nights.  Last night, I couldn't keep my eyes open after dinner and I fell asleep with Jack, so I must have needed the sleep!

I realized today that I have not yet done an update for my end of the year weight loss challenge, The Final Nut of 2013, since I announced the challenge on August 25th, over a month ago.  I was originally toying with updates every other week, but I think I'll stick to monthly updates.  So, without further ado, I have lost 8 lbs. since August 25th and am just shy of 15 lbs. away from my goal for the end of the year.  I'll take it!  I've had a pretty stagnant few weeks on the scale, but I finally feel like I'm getting back in my groove.

As of today, I've lost 60.5 lbs total since the start of the year and that feels pretty damn good!  It hasn't been easy, but the hard work has been, without a doubt, worth the results!  I've definitely had ups and downs and I know there are plenty more of each to be had before I reach my goal, but I feel really good about where I am at with my weight loss and where I am going.

Tomorrow marks two weeks until my Halloween 10K and I'm getting really excited.  I still need to start (and finish!) my costume and tackle a 5 mile run before that time, though.  The plan is to try to run a 5 miler tomorrow.  I feel pretty strong heading into this race, but I think I will feel even better knowing I can do 5 miles.

I came across the below article today on the Runner's World Facebook page about a half marathon training plan for beginners and the tag line caught my eye.  It read "If you can run three miles, you can train for 13.1. Really!"  I admit, much as I talk a big game and I repeat to myself "I got this," I've had this little nagging voice in the back of my head asking "Can I really run for 13.1 miles?" Reading the below helped push that thought out of my mind.  I've built the base I need to push myself to the next level after the holidays.  Food for thought for my other friends considering a half marathon or signing up for one soon!

http://www.runnersworld.com/beginners/half-marathon-training-for-beginners?cm_mmc=Facebook-_-RunnersWorld-_-Content-Training-_-ThreeToHalf

Did anyone participate in any races this weekend?  If you have created a weight loss challenge, how are you doing?

"The real purpose of running isn't to win a race, it's to test the limits of the human heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment