Friday, September 13, 2013

I've missed running

I finally got a run in today and it felt good! I haven't run since my glorious 4-miler on Sunday and I was definitely missing it.  I think tonight I did somewhere between 2.75 and 3.25 miles.  My Nike+ app started acting up near the end of my run, but I'm weirdly ok with not knowing exactly how many miles I ran tonight.  I know that I ran and it was a good run, so that's all that matters.

The weather was absolutely gorgeous today and that helped my run immensely.  I kept a sub-13:00 pace the entire time and I think near the end, I was actually closer to 11:00 min/mile.  I think this proves my point from earlier this week that it just takes me longer to warm up (a mile or 2 at least).

Tonight, Matt got out Nick's old tricycle to let Jack try it out and he loved it!  We put a helmet on him and he didn't seem to mind it, which was rather surprising.  Matt let him try out the trike on the driveway first to see if he'd like it and since he did so well riding it, we brought it with us to the trail.  His feet don't quite reach the pedals, but he doesn't seem to care and he just loves being along for the ride. I think it was a nice change of pace from being in the stroller!

I picked up my packet for The Color Run, which is on Sunday, and I'm pretty excited about this race. It will be my first Color Run and I can't wait to experience it.  Look for a recap on Sunday night!

I'm keeping this post short tonight, as my Mom is watching Jack tonight so we can get some sleep!  Thank you, Mom!!!  I'm giddy about the thought of a good night's sleep!

Is anyone participating in any races this weekend? Have you participated in a Color Run before?

"Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started." 


No comments:

Post a Comment