Tuesday, September 17, 2013

More exciting news to share

I've been teasing some exciting news for a while and I'm so thrilled to finally share that next week, I will be part of a panel discussion for the Sweat Pink Ambassadors Weight Loss Hangout on Air hosted by Fit Approach, LLC!  Fit Approach is about building a healthy community and I am proud to count myself as one of their Sweat Pink Ambassadors.  I love being a part of the Sweat Pink community; it is so supportive, positive, and encouraging!  A few weeks ago, I saw a request on their Twitter feed for people to submit their weight loss stories for a future on-air hangout. So I submitted my application and shortly thereafter, received an e-mail asking if I would like to be one of the panelists for the weight loss hangout.  I am so excited to share my story and meet the other awesome panelists!  I was just re-reading the bios of the other panelists and I can't wait to hear their stories!

The Hangout is scheduled for next Tuesday, September 24th at 5 p.m. PST/7 p.m. CST/8 p.m. EST.  Below is a bit more information about the event as well as a link so you can join us for the Hangout!

Join +Jenna Gurka from +TheSweatGuru and Sweat Pink Ambassadors, +Elizabeth Piasecki+Dani Ebert+Laura Roeseler, Nicole Truog , +Julia McAdams, and +Robin Einhorn for a Hangout on Air discussion and Q&A about weight loss. All of these fabulous women have inspiring weight loss journeys to share! Tune in to hear about their trials, tribulations, and triumphs with weight loss!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/c0dods0upgdv7is5au0o6vbf3cs

There will also be a Q&A session near the end, so please feel free to ask any questions you'd like!  I am pretty darn excited about this event and I hope you can join us!  

I also want to give a huge virtual high five to my hubby, because he got up early today and went for a run!  (He's one up on this girl.  I did not go for a run today.  Boo!)  He has been such a trooper (i.e. Super Dad and Super Husband) over the past 9 months as I've made time to workout, so I am so glad he got to go out on his own this morning and get a good workout in before the work day.  I'm proud of you, babe!  

Remember, how yesterday I mentioned that I had a minor setback and that it wasn't going to get me down? Well, I'm feeling a little down tonight.  I ate crap today and I'm mad at myself.  I did not need a Pepsi at lunch, I did not need to redeem my Panera birthday treat today (a pumpkin cookie that I clearly could not let go to waste.  Heaven forbid I just let my birthday treat expire), and I sure as hell did not need to eat some of the Girl Scout Cookies I found in the freezer.  On the semi-bright side, though, I went to the doctor today and she was thrilled about my weight loss.  Small victory, I suppose. 

Meanwhile, I need to remind myself of this tomorrow and get out the door to run! 

"What defines you as a runner isn't how many miles you've run or how fast you run. What defines you as a runner is the decision to lace up your shoes, get out the door and run." 

No comments:

Post a Comment