Thursday, September 19, 2013

I'm in a rut and I need to go for a run

I feel out of sorts this week and I need to snap out of it!  My eating habits have been less than desirable and exercise has been non existent, save for a little bit of walking here and there.  I'd like to blame Mother Nature for the lack of exercise, but really, just one day was her fault.  Yesterday after work, I was going to go for a run, but it started to rain.  Not a problem; I don't mind running in a drizzle.  Then it started to pour, which was random because the sun was out, and there was a wee bit of thunder and lightening so I figured an outdoor run was out of the question.  Thank you, Mother Nature.

I suppose I should familiarize myself with a treadmill, so that inclement weather won't preclude me from running, but I'll be honest, the treadmill scares the hell out of me.  I can barely walk on a treadmill, much less run and I'm afraid of causing myself significant bodily harm.  I think I'd rather stick to early morning or lunchtime running and substitute the elliptical as needed for cross-training or uncooperative weather.

I think I will feel better and thus, get back on track, if I go for a run tomorrow. I'm going on a field trip with Nick's class in the morning, which I'm really excited about. We are going apple picking (one of my favorite fall activities) as long as Mother Nature cooperates.  At last check, there was an 80% chance of rain.  After the field trip, and weather permitting, I'm planning to go for a run and I can't wait!

Don't forget about the upcoming Sweat Pink Ambassador Spotlight: Weight Loss Hangout on Air next Tuesday, September 24th at 7:00 p.m. CST!  For more information and to RSVP, click here.

Do you prefer to run outdoors or on a treadmill?  Any tips for treadmill running for those of us who are quasi-klutzy? 

"A great workout clears everything up mentally, physically, and you just have a better day." 

No comments:

Post a Comment