Thursday, September 12, 2013

Part victory, part failure

This morning I had a date with my running trail and it was, as mentioned above, part victory, part failure.  I actually got up early this morning!  Not as early as I should have, but early enough to squeeze in a quick run.  It seemed really dark to me, but I figured that's probably how dark it always is at 6:40 in the morning. I got up, put my running clothes on and headed out the door.  I got halfway to my car when I felt the first raindrop and saw the rain clouds (ah, thus the darkness).  Not to worry, a little rain never hurt anyone, so I got in my car and headed to the trail.  It started raining harder, but again, not to worry.  I'll just do a quick out and back run without my phone so it won't get wet.  Then it really started to pour and I gave up and went home. I should mention that if I had simply drug myself out of bed 20 minutes earlier, I could have run before the rain started and said rain ended about 20 minutes after I got home, but by then it was too late to get a run in.  Frustrating.

So the partial victory is that I got up early enough to run, but I failed to actually run.  It's progress, I guess.  I had promised myself last night that if I got up to run that I would treat myself to a skinny pumpkin spice latte on the way to work today and I was tempted to get one anyway, since technically I did get up.  I decided to wait on the pumpkin spice latte, though, until a morning when I actually run.

Short post tonight, as I'm exhausted and Jack is in his room crying.  I wish I knew why he isn't sleeping and why he has such a hard time self-soothing.  Although, I think much of the problem tonight is that he misses Mommy, so some snuggles are in order.

Saw the quote below on Facebook and I love it!

"Remember, your dreams are as hungry as your demons. Make sure you're feeding the right ones."

No comments:

Post a Comment