Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A sweet NSV and Birthday Challenge Update

I had a pretty awesome NSV (non-scale victory today), which I will share in a minute, but first, it's time for the Birthday Challenge update.  Week 7 is in the books and I've lost 1.8 lbs since last week, for a grand total of 11.6 lbs since June 18th.  I'm so proud of my progress so far and I'm looking forward to finishing the challenge.  My birthday is in exactly 12 days, so the final push is on!

I've discovered a lot of great new Tweeps in the last few weeks, and as such, have gained some great new followers, too.  One such new Twitter friend, Greta the Runner (@MrsGretaMonter), posted the below Tweet today and it absolutely made my day:
How cool is that?  I'm counting that as a huge non-scale victory!  One of my goals for this blog, in addition to holding myself accountable for my weight loss goals, was to hopefully inspire others to meet their own weight loss goals.  It was amazing to see Greta's Tweet and to know that in some small way, I inspired her to start her own weight loss challenge!  To keep up with Greta's progress, check out her blog (http://rungretarun.wordpress.com/) or follow her on Twitter.  Good luck, Greta; you got this!

I was able to get a quick workout in at lunch on the elliptical and it actually felt pretty good working a different set of muscles.  Plus it was a tad muggy outside today, so an indoor workout was pretty appealing.

"Set your fitness goals high and don't stop till you get there." 

No comments:

Post a Comment