Friday, August 2, 2013

Rest day...or was it?

I had planned on today being a cross-training day, either on the elliptical or on a walk with my fellas.  Sadly, mother nature had other ideas and literally rained on our parade, so no walk for tonight.  I guess it turned into more of a rest day, if you call back-to-school shopping a "rest."

Since it was raining, we decided to go get Matt and Nick some shoes since it was tax-free weekend and the shoe store was having a buy one, get one half-off sale.  They both got two new pairs of shoes at a pretty good price, including some pretty sweet St. Louis Cardinals shoes for my favorite 6 year old.  Then I somehow convinced my husband that we should just swing by Walmart next door so I could grab Nick's school supplies.  Bless his heart, because he came with me, helped grab school supplies and maneuver through the infinite number of people at Walmart on a Friday night.  I'm pretty sure it was his idea of hell.  The things you do for love, right?  We managed to get almost all of the things on Nick's supply list, so I don't have too much to finish up this weekend.  I'm also hoping to get my new running shoes this weekend and take advantage of no sales tax! 

Despite all of the walking and shopping tonight, I'm going to count today as a rest day, but I'm planning to go for a run tomorrow.

Speaking of back-to-school shopping, perhaps you can help me settle a debate with the hubs.  Growing up, before the first day of school, I always remember going shopping for a new backpack, lunchbox, and a first day of school outfit (right, Mom?), and so I always do the same for Nick and will do the same for Jack-Jack.  My husband says tonight as I'm telling him this, "ah that explains it. Must be an only child thing."  Now, I'll be the first to admit I have some very obvious only child tendencies and I might be a tad spoiled, but I don't think this is an only child thing.  

Growing up, did you get a new backpack and lunchbox and maybe even a new, first day of school outfit? 

What were your back-to-school traditions growing up? 

"Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results." 


No comments:

Post a Comment