Friday, August 9, 2013

Playing Catch Up

You might have noticed an absence of a blog post from yesterday; someone (who shall remain nameless) might have fallen asleep at 8 p.m.  And it felt good.  I thought I might wake up and blog when Matt came to bed, but that didn't happen.  I was in a deep and blissful sleep until my sweet baby boy woke me up at 2 a.m.  It was a nice 6 hour stretch though and I'll take it.

Yesterday was a regularly scheduled cross-training day and I figured I would go to the Rec Center at lunch and bike.  That was a fun adventure.  There are three types of bikes there; two recumbent and one tall-boy.  I went to my trusty, favorite recumbent bike and it kept telling me to reset and the display screen was a bunch of gobbledygook. I tried resetting it several times to no avail.  Not to worry, as I moved on to my second favorite bike.  It wouldn't even turn on as I was pedaling.  Blast!  So, as a last resort, I climbed up on the tall-boy with the least comfortable seat ever.  I'm not going to lie, it wasn't the best workout ever.  Besides the uncomfortable seat, I couldn't get the resistance set to a level that was challenging enough for me.  I suppose it was better than doing nothing, but it wasn't a sweaty enough workout for me.

Today was a somewhat unplanned rest day.  I knew I wasn't going to workout at lunch, for several reasons.  I've worked out everyday at lunch this week and I kind of wanted to have an actual lunch break.  Secondly, I had a lot of meetings today and I wanted to be somewhat presentable and not like I outran a Zombie attack. So I kicked around running after work, but it was a little rainy out.  Not pouring by any means, but enough to declare today a rest day.

My plan is to run at some point tomorrow, but I'm still debating about whether it will be a 2.0 miler or 2.2.  Maybe I should take note of the quote below (thanks, N!) since I keep thinking I can't tackle 2.2. 

"I do because I can. I can because I want. I want because you said I couldn't" 

No comments:

Post a Comment