Friday, August 16, 2013

Slacking off or much needed rest?

The first day of school is exhausting; especially for Mom and Dad!  I was so tired after yesterday's excitement, that I decided to hit the hay early and therefore, did not blog.  Nick had a great first day of school and we took him out to dinner to celebrate.  Eating out is always a challenge, but I thought I did fairly well, however, the scale this morning did not agree with me.  That's ok, though, as I've said before, I want to enjoy life and last night was a very special occasion.

Move-in day at work went really well yesterday and we couldn't have asked for better weather! I got my workout in courtesy of several trips up the stairs, including one jaunt to the seventh floor of the Residence Hall and walking back and forth between the parking garage and the dorm.  I definitely felt that in my legs today!  I thought about putting in some time on the elliptical, too, after we got home from dinner, but I was so tired and I figured that helping with Move-in day was enough.

I had hoped to run today, but unfortunately, I didn't.  My little guy isn't feeling well, so when I got home from work, we snuggled and took a nap.  I didn't have enough daylight when we woke up to go for a run outside and I wasn't feeling the elliptical either.  I'm feeling a bit like a slacker in the workout area (despite noticing some muscle soreness in my legs this morning, I don't really feel like yesterday's Move-in day was that great of a workout), so I can't really complain if I don't like what numbers I see on the scale.  I won't let it get me down though, clearly my body is telling me I need rest and sleep, so I'll listen and plan to get back on track tomorrow.

In other exciting news, yours truly has a birthday on Sunday!  Less exciting is that I discovered a long, coarse gray hair on my scalp last night.  Thank you, universe, for the gentle reminder that I'm getting old.

"Don't let one bad day stop you from reaching your goal." 

No comments:

Post a Comment