Thursday, August 22, 2013

Waiting for the Weekend

For some reason, this week has been exceptionally long and I am so glad tomorrow is Friday!  I'm still feeling exhausted, even though Jack has been sleeping pretty well the past few nights, so I'm going to keep tonight's post short and sweet!

Matt, the boys, and I went for a walk tonight before dinner and as usual, the quality time with all of my boys was priceless.  Matt has been very diligent about stretching before our walks and is setting a great example for Nick (I should also heed his example as I have been lacking in the area of stretching).  I love watching Nick as he studies his Daddy and tries to replicate what he's doing.

Daddy and Nick stretching on our walk tonight
We also saw a bunch of deer tonight and I guess I'm slowly getting over my fear of them.  The babies are pretty darn cute and I guess I can't fault a whole species for one stupid deer running into my car this spring.  Although, on the way home from the trail, there were a few baby deer along the side of the road, so I rolled down Nick's window so he could get a better view.  Apparently, the sound of the window rolling down scared the crap out of one of them and it started jumping sideways and freaking out.  Who does that?  Jumping sideways, really?  Matt was afraid it was going to run into my car, but luckily, the deer went the other way.

Baby deer.  Kind of cute, I suppose. 
After our walk, we went to our local sno cone stand for a treat.  We normally get sno cones quite a bit during the summertime, but we haven't been at all this year.  Both boys loved their sno cones and it was a great end to a wonderful evening!

Looking forward to a run tomorrow! 

"Pour your heart and soul into everything you do and you will find anything is possible." 


No comments:

Post a Comment