Sunday, August 4, 2013

Almost halfway there!

You might notice that over there on the right side of my blog is a MyFitnessPal badge and you might also notice that it says I've lost 50 lbs!!  Oh happy day!  Now, in fairness, the badge rounds up, because I've actually only lost 49.5 lbs as of this morning, but it's still pretty darn exciting.  I will, of course, share the happy news when I officially lose that last .5 lb to make it to 50 lbs, which will hopefully be this week.  50 lbs will be nearly halfway to my overall weight loss goal (106.2 lbs) and tonight, I set a short-term goal to help me get there.

This made for good conversation tonight with the hubs while we went on a walk with the boys after dinner.  Matt is doing an awesome job losing weight, too, and he has lost almost 25 lbs since the first of the year! We talked about our short-term and long-term weight loss goals and we decided that we'd each like to lose about 26 lbs before the end of the year.  It's a challenging goal to be sure, especially with the holiday filled months of October, November, and December, but I think we are both up to the challenge.

Losing that 26 lbs will put me within 30 lbs of my goal weight and will put me at a weight that I have not seen since either my senior year of high school or my freshman year of college.  If I can lose another 15 lbs before my 1/2 marathon in April, my end weight will be well within my grasp.

So, in summary, my weight loss goals are as follows:

  • Finish the Birthday Challenge (official update on Tuesday, but things are looking good!)
  • Based on my weight this morning, lose another 26.7 lbs by December 31st.
  • Lose an additional 15 lbs between January 1st and April 6th, 2014
  • Lose the last 15 lbs after April 6th (hopefully before next summer)
There is a lot of hard work on the road ahead, but it really helps me set goals like this for myself and see the big picture; it makes the journey seem more manageable.  I am incredibly proud of the progress I've made and I am so glad to be rid of the nearly 50 lbs I've lost (good riddance!).  

Do you have any weight loss goals for the reminder of the year?  If so, feel free to share below and we can hold one another accountable. 

"Choosing a weight loss goal and sticking to it changes everything." 


No comments:

Post a Comment