Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Birthday Challenge Update and Sweat

I can't believe it's time for the Week 8 update of the Birthday Challenge!  Time has flown by this summer, particularly the past two months! Since last week, I have lost another 1.9 lbs bringing my total weight lost since June 18th to 13.5 lbs!  Just 5 more days until birthday, but I am thinking I will do a final post on the Birthday Challenge with the grand total and my thoughts on Saturday night since let's be honest, there is going to be a lot of cake happening on Sunday and I'm not sorry!

Ok, so the latter part of this post title might be a little tmi to some, so if you are a bit squeamish, consider this a warning. I've been telling Matt for weeks that I feel like I sweat more now that I've lost weight than I ever did before, which I find incredibly odd.  You'd think that one would sweat more when they weigh more, but I have been sweating like crazy lately.  I don't mind it so much when I'm working out, because it feels like a badge of honor, but I'm not really a fan of it when I'm not working out.

So, I have been trying to figure out why and when I say "trying to figure out why," I really just mean that I've been complaining to Matt about it. I haven't even Googled it, which may come as a surprise to those who know me well.  I had come to the conclusion that the excess sweat was a good thing because it meant my body was appropriately cooling itself off.  Yes, that's it.  However, in talking (er...complaining) to some co-workers this morning, they helped shed some light on the situation.  One of my co-workers said she sweats like crazy when she is well-hydrated.  Light bulb!  I have been trying to drink copious amounts of water to help improve my workouts and curb hunger and I never equated the adequate hydration with increased sweating.  Seems like a logical explanation to me, so I'm sticking to it and it makes me feel better about the excess sweat.

The weather today was gorgeous so we went for a walk tonight before dinner.  Nick was pointing out the fact that the trees must think it's fall already since one of the big trees on the trail was already shedding some of its leaves.  We've been so fortunate with mild weather the past few weeks and I'm glad we've made the most of our time outdoors!

"Your body will go exactly as far as your mind pushes it to go." 

No comments:

Post a Comment