Sunday, August 25, 2013

End of the Year Challenge

I've been somewhat lax in regards to making healthy choices the past week, but I'm ok with it.  I've continued to work out this week as usual, I just was living life a little and enjoying the remainder of my birthday cake.  It was delicious and I only get that particular cake once a year, so I enjoyed it!  However, tomorrow I'm going to get back on the bandwagon and start my end of the year challenge.

My husband came up with a clever name for the new challenge; it speaks to my sense of humor and it makes me laugh, so I'm going to go with it.  My challenge to myself is to lose 24 lbs by December 31st and I'm calling it The Final Nut of 2013.  According to http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nut, a nut is "a hard problem, or undertaking" and that is pretty fitting for this challenge, and my weight loss journey as a whole.  This will be my last big undertaking for the year and it will put me within arms length of my long term weight loss goal, so I'm pretty excited about it. It will definitely be a challenge though with all of the holidays the last three months of the year!

As I mentioned a few posts ago, I don't think I will do weekly updates for this challenge since it is a longer challenge.  I will more than likely do monthly updates or perhaps every other week updates.   If anyone else has any challenges for the remainder of the year, feel free to share them below so we can hold one another accountable! 

I ended up taking a rest day today, although I did take the boys swimming, so I got a little exercise in.  I can't believe next weekend is Labor Day already!  This summer has flown by and I'm trying to get in as much pool time as we can before it closes for the season.  Much as I love fall, I'm going to miss the pool a lot.

"Weight loss is like driving: If you ever veer off the road, just make a U-turn and head back in the right direction." 

No comments:

Post a Comment