Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Challenging myself and Birthday Challenge Update

I must have been more tired yesterday than I thought, since I fell asleep at 8 last night when Jack went to sleep.  It was actually rather nice, but of course, this meant no blog post yesterday.  I'm fighting the urge to go to sleep now, but I wanted to share the Week 6 Birthday Challenge Update with you!  This week I've lost 1.9 lbs bringing my total weight loss for the Challenge to 9.8 lbs!  I'm incredibly pleased with my progress thus far and I'm looking forward to the last few weeks of the Challenge!  I'm also trying to think of another Challenge to issue myself for the fall; perhaps between my birthday and the first part of November.  

Yesterday, much as I wanted to run, I stuck to my cross-training plan and rode on the recumbent bike for about 25 minutes after work.  Today, though, I was able to get a run in despite it being a bit rainy and I pushed myself a little bit farther than last week.  I went to the park by my office and did my usual loop around the lake and while it was a bit humid, the misty rain felt good on my face.  I decided that since I ran 1.1 miles straight last week, that I would run an additional .10 miles tonight.  And I did!  I ran for 1.2 miles straight tonight.  My calves were screaming at me but I pushed on and accomplished what I set out to do.  I hope to keep adding a little bit to my runs each time and gradually increase my distance.  I'm taking baby steps to work up to my 1/2 next Spring! 

Thanks to one of the newer blogs that I follow (http://www.runsforcookies.com/), I discovered an amazing new snack.  It was a great post-run, pre-dinner snack tonight and I might be a little addicted to it.  I was reading some of Katie's older blog posts and she posted about a party some of her friends threw for her birthday.  She posted pictures of the decorations and food and that's when I saw it; the heavenly snack you see below.  Graham crackers, peanut butter, and chocolate chips; oh my!  It is amazing!  

My post-run snack tonight; yum!
Do you have any ideas for a fall weight loss challenge? 
What is your favorite post-workout snack? 

Love the quote below from another new blog I'm following (http://olivetorun.com/):

"Commitment means staying loyal to what you said were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you." 

No comments:

Post a Comment