Wednesday, July 31, 2013

New power songs

It really feels like the beginning of autumn here in St. Louis, so I'm continuing to take advantage of the lovely weather and enjoying my workouts outdoors.  Today was a cross-training day, but rather than being cooped up indoors on the elliptical, I took a walk with my three favorite men.  We went to the trail by our house after dinner and we did nearly 4.25 miles or about 1 1/2 loops around the park.  It was a touch humid, but there was a beautiful breeze to offset the mugginess.  Nick walked tonight instead of using his scooter and we were pretty proud of him for keeping up and making it the whole way.  Jack enjoyed saying hi to everyone who passed us by and pointing to all the dogs and saying "Do."  He's almost got the word "dog" down.  It's pretty adorable because when he sees a dog, he will say "Do" and when he sees our cat he says "Ka."  However, when he saw two little Chihuahua's tonight, he pointed to them and said "Ka."  I think he thought they were cats!

I have a few new power songs that I'm obsessed with at the moment, so I thought I'd share.  The first is a complete guilty pleasure and it makes my inner 14 year old self happy.  I love the new One Direction song Best Song Ever.  It's pretty damn catchy and it has a great beat.  I'm also really digging two songs by Walk the Moon.  When Nick and I went to the Cardinals game two weeks ago, we saw a promo for LouFest, an upcoming musical festival, and the song that played in the background was stuck in my head for days.  I finally found the promo on-line and through SoundHound found out that the song I loved was Tightrope by Walk the Moon (unplugged version here: http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/821117/tightrope-mtv-unplugged.jhtml#id=1702101).  I've been playing this song non-stop for about a week, so I looked up some other songs by Walk the Moon.  All of their songs are great, but the other song I'm really enjoying at the moment is Shiver Shiver.  It's got a great beat and it's just an awesome song.  Check out an unplugged version here: http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/821123/shiver-shiver-mtv-unplugged.jhtml.  I am seriously considering going to LouFest to see Walk the Moon live because I kind of love them right now. 

What new powers songs are you jamming to? 

"The hardest thing about exercise is to start doing it. Once you are doing exercise regularly, the hardest thing is to stop." 

No comments:

Post a Comment