Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Progress

It's Tuesday and that means it's time for the Birthday Challenge update!  It's hard to believe that Week 5 has come to an end, but that means just 3 weeks until my birthday!  Since last week, I've lost 3.3 lbs for a grand total of 7.9 lbs lost since June 18th.  It was really nice to start my Tuesday on a good note with a good weigh-in!  I told Matt this morning that I'm pretty sure I haven't been at this weight since college a decade ago and that's a great feeling!  I still have a long way to go to reach my long-term goals, but I am so proud of the progress I've made so far.

I stuck to my plan of alternating workouts by going for a wog this evening.  As I headed out around 7:30, it looked a little cloudy again and I was worried about it getting too dark while I was on my run.  Luckily there were a lot of people out on the trail tonight so even though it was a bit cloudy, it was a much more enjoyable workout than Sunday.  Lately, I have a routine on the trail of running in 3 specific places; the first is a .25 mile stretch early on, then I tackle another .25 - .30 mile stretch in the middle of my wog, and I finish with a .5 mile stretch near the end (down my favorite long hill).  My short-term goal is to gradually increase all of these running stretches and hopefully make the last stretch a full mile!  It was a struggle tonight to run due to the humidity and I almost cut short my .5 stretch, but I pushed on because I knew I could do it.  It's such a mental challenge, so I just have to keep telling myself that I can do it and I will.

"Your legs are not giving out. Your head is giving out. Keep going." 

No comments:

Post a Comment