Saturday, July 27, 2013

Unstoppable

Quick post tonight, as I have an early morning tomorrow.  The Unstoppable 5K is bright and early, so I need my beauty sleep!  As I mentioned yesterday, I feel really good about this race and I'm planning to PR, which for me is sub 45:00.  The race time forecast calls for sunny skies with temps in the mid-50's so thankfully, there will be no heat or humidity to contend with.  Stay tuned tomorrow for a race re-cap! 


I will be unstoppable tomorrow! PR here I come!

I decided to take a rest day today, but I did get in some walking this afternoon.  We met our friends at the Museum of Transportation and all of the kids had a great time riding the train, the trolley, and the tram and looking at all of the trains, cars, the boat, and the planes!  Jack, however, decided to be contrary and go in the exact opposite direction of everyone else, so I spent much of the time chasing him around, which is a workout in and of itself.  He might be more like me than I thought; just a touch rebellious. Then we went to the park for a picnic and to let the kids play on the splash pad.  It was a great afternoon and such a beautiful day!  It was in the mid-70's with no humidity and it certainly felt more like October than July! 

"Every day gives you an opportunity to improve. With every run, you can try to be better. Not just a better runner, but a better person." 



No comments:

Post a Comment