Monday, July 22, 2013

Cross-training

Quick post tonight, as I am exhausted on so many levels.  In fact, I fell asleep tonight while putting Jack to sleep, but it was nice snuggling with my little guy.

Today, although it was relatively nice outside and it would have been a good day for an outdoor run, I went to the rec center at lunch and did 30 minutes on the elliptical since I ran yesterday.  This week, I am going to try really hard to alternate running days with cross-training.  I tend to not be the best at cross-training, as I don't feel like I get as good of a workout on the elliptical and the recumbent bike as I do when I run.  I know this isn't necessarily true, though, as working out on the elliptical and the bike work different, yet important, muscles in my body.  The elliptical felt pretty good today and in fact, I think I can increase my resistance next time to further challenge myself.  Resistance Level 8 has previously been a bit of a challenge, but it wasn't bad today, so I think my legs are getting stronger!  If I can get in a good groove of alternating running and cross-training, the next goal for myself is to start incorporating strength training.  Baby steps, though.

Another small, non-scale victory today in regards to hydration. I am trying to be better about staying properly hydrated and today was a huge step in the right direction.  I drank a 16.9 oz bottle of water in the car on the way to work, another bottle in the morning before I worked out, another full bottle while I worked out, nearly an entire bottle after lunch, a full bottle with dinner, and I'm working on another bottle now.  I dare say this is probably the most hydrated I've ever been; success!  Now to keep it up every day!

"Don't find time to exercise, make time to exercise."

No comments:

Post a Comment