Thursday, July 18, 2013

Rest Day(s)

I'm 4 days into taking my vitamins and I think they are having the opposite effect on me, either that or I am just incredibly sleep deprived.  The past two evenings, I have struggled to stay awake on the drive home from work and that's a problem.  It is always a good idea to be awake while driving.  So, I decided last night after Nick's t-ball game, that it would be a good idea to go to bed early, thus no blog post last night, nor did I get in a workout.  I rationalized the lack of a workout with the fact that my body probably needs a rest day.  Or at least that's what I keep telling myself so I don't feel too guilty.

I think the combination of the heat and me staying up too late (damn you Internet with all your fun websites and blogs) is causing me to be so exhausted.  Speaking of the heat, last night's t-ball game was so hot!  Luckily, we have been incredibly fortunate this season with mild weather.  I remember getting the schedule earlier this spring and thinking that we were in for some hot games, but last night was the only real scorcher.  He had such a good t-ball season and we are so proud of our little slugger.  He got some great hits both with the tee and without, he paid attention for the most part, and he tried to get the ball when it was hit to him and throw it to first!  They had a cute celebration after last night's game complete with baseball cupcakes (cupcakes with plastic baseball rings on top) and trophies.  Nick is completely enamored with his trophy and he made sure to tell us that while the person on the trophy has to use the tee, he didn't always have to use the tee when he played.

I had hoped to get a workout in today, but unfortunately I wasn't able to.  I suppose I could go down to the basement and work on the elliptical, but I'm not feeling it.  I know I probably shouldn't take two rest days in a row, but I plan on getting back in the game tomorrow.  No heat, no excuses are going to keep from getting in a workout tomorrow.

I still haven't decided whether I'm going to weigh myself every day or not.  What are your thoughts on the subject?  Do you weigh yourself every day?  Why or why not?

P.S. I had a Pepsi today.  I've been craving one all week, but I have been resisting and just drinking water and lots of it to stay hydrated.  I did, however, just get a regular size Pepsi at Bread Co. instead of the large that I would normally get.  That's progress, right?

Baby steps, I say, baby steps.

"Take small steps every day and you'll eventually get there." 

No comments:

Post a Comment